ILC Academy Mission Statement
In partnership with families, we develop students who learn differently by shepherding them through a Christ-centered non-traditional education, challenging them to achieve their fullest potential spiritually, academically, socially, physically, relationally; and preparing them with the foundation of God’s unchanging truth so that they can serve Christ in a rapidly changing world.
ILC Academy Core Values
As a school that exists to serve God, our core values reflect His character (Ex. 34:6). They provide the context in which day-to-day decisions are made.
Grace – We believe that our very existence depends on the unmerited favor bestowed on us by God through the death of Christ on the cross (Col. 2:13-14; Titus 3:4-7). Therefore we:
- Develop an environment where people are loved, not because of what they do, but because we choose to love them (Dt. 7:7-8; Rom. 12:9; 2 Tim. 1:9).
- We value students because they are God’s unique and dearly loved creations, we appreciate their unique abilities and learning differences given by God according to His grace, and we strive to understand how this unique gifting affects their outward behaviors (Psalm 139:13-16; Romans 12:3-8).
- Cultivate an environment where forgiveness is practiced and encouraged (Eph. 4:30-5:2).
- Endeavor to keep rules to a minimum (Gal. 2:16; Col. 2:20-23).
- Strive to encourage success rather than focusing on preventing failure (Phil. 3:12-14).
- Encourage students to develop the resilience of a maturing faith that enables them to persevere through difficulties (Rom. 5:1-5; James 1:2-4).
Truth – We believe that the Bible is God’s Word (John 10:35; 2 Cor. 4:2; 2 Tim. 3:16), that God’s Word is truth (Ps. 119:160; John 17:17), and that knowledge of it is key to unleashing its transformational power (John 8:31-32). Therefore we:
- Teach that Jesus is the Way, the Truth, and the Life (John 14:6).
- Endeavor to teach truth in all academic subjects (Ps. 19:1; Ps. 25; Eph. 4:25; Col. 1:16-17).
- Evaluate all truth claims against Scripture (Ps. 119:105; Acts 17:11).
- Encourage our students to embrace truth and live according to it (John 8:31-32; 3 John 1:4).
- Strive for growth, learning, and improvement according to God’s Word as individuals and as an organization (1 Cor. 9:24-27; Phil. 3:12-14; Col. 3:23; 1 Thes. 4:1).
Love – We believe that we are each called to love God with all our heart, soul, strength, and mind, and to love our neighbor as ourselves (Luke 10:27). Therefore we:
- Cultivate an outward focus by encouraging students to serve others (Heb. 13:16).
- Provide encouragement and assistance to other Christian schools (2 Cor. 8:3-5; Phil. 2:3- 4).
- Endeavor to speak the truth in love (Eph. 4:15).
- Diligently preserve unity (Eph. 4:3; Phil. 2:2) while valuing each other’s unique giftedness (Rom. 12:3-8; 1 Cor. 12:12-27).
- Monitor the effect of our behavior on others so that we do not hinder someone’s relationship with the Lord (Rom. 14; 2 Tim. 2:23-26).